Thursday 16 December 2010

Brilliant Broadcasting Corporation

Yes. The BBC. 

Tonight I am sitting up to listen to the first session of the 3rd Ashes test, in the company of Agnew, Vaughan and Martin-Jenkins. Wherever I go, I can listen to live coverage of a test match happening thousands of miles away via digital radio, on my phone, on the television and on long wave.
On Saturday night I expect to watch Strictly Come Dancing, along with 11 million others. Last week I watched a documentary on iplayer and did some research on the BBC website. Every morning I listen to the Farming Today podcast and read the news and sport from around the world. 
Several times per day, I watch the BBC weather forecast. 
All this for £150 per year. Is it only Mr. Maxwell who does not think that this is value for money?

No comments:

Post a Comment