Thursday 25 November 2010

The importance of being...

better. You see, the iphone is just that. At least it has been for the past 9 months. The problem is that I am a Nokiarist and I have been one for ten years. Recently, their products certainly not been something one would like to find in a handbag.

Is that enough of the extended metaphor   ?

So I have been in denial. I have waited anxiously for the Nokia N8 through every launch delay and software recall. Finally, last week, my patience expired, my decrepit N96 finally expired and I conceded.

The iphone is in a class of it's own. Yes, its email notifications are hopeless and it doesn't do dolby sound. Its camera is poor and the battery life is shocking. It is beautiful and intuitive and simple to use and I love it.

And so I have joined the 5 million iphone 4 users. Secretly I am proud, but I still wish that Nokia hadn't left its development plan at Victoria Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment